Delayed Baggage Protection
My bags were delayed upon my arrival in London.
Delayed Baggage Protection provides reimbursement for replacing essential personal or business items in your baggage, if the baggage you have checked on a common carrier is delayed in transit and your tickets were purchased using an eligible Mastercard.
How It Works
- The entire cost of the Common Carrier passenger fare must be charged to an eligible Mastercard.
- Benefits are provided for reimbursement of expenses incurred due to the delay.
- Coverage is reimbursed in excess of the Common Carrier's Liability coverage.
- A claim report must be filed with the Common Carrier immediately upon arrival at the final destination. Airlines refer to the report as a Property Indemnity Report.
- Luggage must be checked with the Common Carrier.
- For cards issued by an issuer in Brazil – Due to new insurance regulations, an Insurance Ticket is required as part of your claim if your item(s)/trip was purchased on or after 7/1/2016. To obtain the Insurance Ticket (Bilhete de seguros) for your items(s), please click here: www.aig.com/mastercard
toll-free 1-800-MASTERCARD (1-800-627-8372)
Good to Know
- Once we receive all the documents required, we will review your claim.
- You can check the status of your claim at any time by logging onto: www.mycardbenefits.com
- Once your claim is approved, we will communicate the reimbursement amount based on the terms and conditions of the program for your particular Mastercard.
- Please refer to the terms and conditions of the program for your particular card product for exclusions.
- For cards issued by an issuer in Brazil- Due to new insurance regulations, an Insurance Ticket is required as part of your claim if your item(s)/trip was purchased on or after 7/1/2016. To obtain the insurance ticket (Bilhete de seguros) for your item(s)/trip, please click here: www.aig.com/mastercard
Coverage is determined by the terms, conditions and exclusions of the Policies applicable to your Card, as specified by the underwriter, and is subject to change with notice. This site does not supplement or replace the Policy and/or Program Terms.
Submission of a claim does not guarantee coverage or coverage availability.