I was on vacation in Hawaii, and was involved in a accident with my rental car
MasterRental may provide coverage for covered damages (physical damage and theft) to a rental vehicle when your eligible Mastercard is used to initiate and pay for the entire rental transaction.
How It Works
- You must initiate and pay for the entire rental transaction using your eligible Mastercard.
- Decline the collision/loss damage waiver offered by the car rental company.
- List yourself, the Cardholder, as the primary renter on the car rental agreement.
- You will need to provide your rental car agreement, card statement with record of rental, and any paperwork received from the Car Rental Company.
- Please file your claim as soon as any damages have happened to the rental car.
- You will need the following information to file your claim:
- Your rental car agreement.
- Details about the incident.
- Police report (if applicable).
toll-free 1-800-MASTERCARD (1-800-627-8372)
Good to Know
- We will also work on your behalf to obtain necessary paperwork from the Car Rental Company for your claim.
- Once we receive all the documents required, we will review your claim.
- You can check the status of your claim at any time by logging onto: email@example.com.
- Once your claim is approved, we will communicate the reimbursement amount based on the terms and conditions of the program for your particular Mastercard.
- Please refer to the terms and conditions of the program for your particular card product for exclusions.
Coverage is determined by the terms, conditions and exclusions of the Policies applicable to your Card, as specified by the underwriter, and is subject to change with notice. This site does not supplement or replace the Policy and/or Program Terms.
Submission of a claim does not guarantee coverage or coverage availability.