My Gucci® bag was stolen while I was riding the subway.
Purchase Protection from Mastercard may protect you against accidental damage or theft of items that were purchased with your eligible Mastercard.
How It Works
- You must pay for the item using your eligible Mastercard.
- Coverage may be provided for the repair or replacement cost of the item and will not exceed the actual amount charged on the eligible Mastercard.
- Purchases do not need to registered.
- You will need to provide your original itemized store receipts, card statement record of purchase and a copy of the police report if the item(s) were stolen.
- Please file your claim as soon as any accidental damage or theft of the item has occurred.
- You will need the following information to file your claim.
- Details about the purchased item.
- Details about the damage to or theft of the item.
- Police Report details if the item was stolen.
toll-free 1-800-MASTERCARD (1-800-627-8372)
Good to Know
- For damaged items, please do not dispose of your item as we may ask you to return the item to Mastercard
- Once we receive all the documents required, we will review your claim.
- You can check the status of your claim at any time by logging onto: www.mycardbenefits.com
- Shipping and Handling costs incurred are not covered under the program.
- Once your claim is approved, we will communicate the reimbursement amount based on the terms and conditions of the program for your particular Mastercard
- Please refer to the terms and conditions of the program for your particular card product for exclusions.
Coverage is determined by the terms, conditions and exclusions of the Policies applicable to your Card, as specified by the underwriter, and is subject to change with notice. This site does not supplement or replace the Policy and/or Program Terms.
Submission of a claim does not guarantee coverage or coverage availability.